Eggless orange and date cookies
Easy eggless orange date cookies with cashew nuts
Baking Time: 12 – 15 minutes
Prep Time: 70 minutes
Makes: 24 cookies
- Butter- 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/4 cup
- All purpose flour – 175 gms
- Dates,finely chopped- 1/3 cup
- Cashew nuts,finely chopped – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract- 1 tsp
- Orange zest- from one orange
- Milk – 2 to 3 tsp( if required)
- Preheat oven to 180 Dec and line a baking tray with parchment paper.In a mixing bowl,beat together butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add all purpose flour,dates,cashew nuts,vanilla extract and orange zest.Mix just until combined.Gently knead ,just until the dough smooths out.( add 1 or 2 tsp milk if the dough turns out dry).Cover using a cling wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour or freeze for about 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 1 to 1.5 inch balls .Place them about 2 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet and flatten lightly.Bake the cookies for about 12-15 minutes or until firm on top and the edges turn golden brown.Allow it to cool slightly before transferring onto a wire rack to cool completely.Store in a an airtight container.
- You can also use finely chopped almonds instead of cashew nuts.