1. ½ kg fish
2. 1 ½ dsp chilli powder
3. ½ tsp pepper powder
4. 1/8 tsp mustard seeds
5. 5 button onions
6. 6 garlic cloves
7. 1” ginger
8. Salt to taste
9. Refined vegetable oil, for frying
1. Clean fish well in salted water and sliced.
2. Grind ingredients 2 to 7 to a fine paste. Add salt to taste.
3. Rub the fish well with the paste. Keep covered in a cool place for some time.
4. In a heavy skillet, add oil and deep fry the fish on both sides, turning gently to ensure even cooking. Serve hot.
Note: The above marinade can be used for any kind of fish, but make gashed on both sides if using a whole fish.
To serve 4