Vegetable and Cheese Sandwich
Vegetable and cheese sandwich
Healthy and delicious vegetable and cheese sandwich
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Garlic,chopped – 1 large clove
- Onion,finely chopped – 1 tbsp
- Spring onion whites,chopped – 1/2 tbsp
- Green chilies,finely chopped – 1 , according to taste
- Cabbage,chopped – 1/2cup
- Carrot,chopped – 1/4cup
- Bell pepper ( red and green),chopped – 1/2cup
- Soya sauce- 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder -1/2 tsp(or according to taste)
- Tomato sauce – 1 tsp + more as required
- Grated mozzarella cheese – as required
- Butter – as required
- Whole wheat bread- 4 slices
- Salt – to taste
- Vegetable oil/olive oil /sesame oil- as required
- Heat oil in a pan , add garlic, onion , spring onion whites and green chilies.Saute for about 20 to 30 seconds.Next add chopped carrot and cabbage.Saute for few minutes or until tender.
- Next add bell pepper and stir fry for about a minute.Now add soya sauce and stir well.
- Add black pepper powder ,1 tsp tomato sauce and salt to tatse,mix well until combined.Switch off the stove and allow the vegetable mixture to cool slightly
- Take 2 slices of bread and spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on each.Spread half of the prepared vegetable mixture followed with the grated cheese on one slice.
- Cover with the other slice.Repeat with the remaining slices.Heat butter in a pan .Place the sandwich in the pan and grill until both sides are golden brown.
- Transfer the sandwich to a plate,cut in half and serve immediately.
- Adjust the amount of green chilies and black pepper powder according to your taste.