1. 1/4 kg. just ripening tomatoes, cuti into small pieces.
2. 1 tsp. chilli powder, 2 tsp. coriander powder, 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder.
3. 1 dsp. tamarind water.
4. 1/2 cup button onions, chopped.
5. salt- to taste, Molasses, as required.
6. 1 dsp. oil, 1 tsp. mustard seeds, 1 red chilli, broken into 3 pieces, a few curry leaves.
Mix chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder with a little water and grind it to a fine paste. Mix this masala paste with the tamarind water. Add 1 cup of water and bring it to boil. Stir in the tomato pieces and the onions and let the vegetables cook. Add salt and molasses as required. When the gravy thickens, remove from fire.
Season the curry with mustard, fenugreek, chilli and curry leaves fried in hot oil. Serve hot.
Note: Serves 6