01. 1/2 kg fish fillets or any small fish
02. 2 cups coconut, grated
03. 10 button onions
04. 1/2” ginger
05. 4-5 green chillies, sliced
06. 6 garlic cloves
07. 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
08. A few curry leaves
09. Salt to taste
10. 3 pieces cocum (fish tamarind), soaked in water and shredded
11. 1 cup water
12. 2 dsp oil, preferably coconut oil
1. Clean fish well in salted water.
2. Crush coconut, onions, ginger, chillies and garlic under a grinding stone. Add the turmeric powder.
3. Mix in the raw fish with the crushed ingredients, curry leaves and salt to taste.
4. Put the mixture in a pan or an earthenware vessel, add the cocum and one cup water to cook the fish.
5. Bring to boil, lower the heat and allow the mixture to dry out, taking care to see that the curry does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
6. Lace with coconut oil and serve hot
To serve 6