Beetroot and Feta PAtties
Beetroot and Feta Patties
quick and easy beetroot and feta cheese patties
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
Recipe source: BBCgoodfood ,you can find the original recipe here.
- Beetroot,cooked peeled and grated- 200 g ( 1.5 cups approx)
- Feta cheese,crumbled – 200 g ( 1 and 1/3 cup )
- Egg – 2 large
- Bread crumbs- 100 gms( 2 cups )
- Dill,chopped- 2 tbsp
- Spring onion,finely chopped- 3
- Mint leaves,chopped- 2 tbsp
- Olive oil- 2 tbsp
- Salt – to taste
- Greek yogurt- 1/2cup
- Tahini – 1 tbsp
- Pita bread /flat bread – 4 to 5
- Salad leaves,sliced cucumber – as required
- Lemon wedges- as required
- In a mixing bowl combine together beetroot,feta cheese,egg,breadcrumbs,dill,
spring onion,mint leaves and salt to taste.Shape into 18 patties.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and cook the patties over medium flame until firm and golden on both the sides.To prepare the tahini-yogurt spread,combine together yogurt, tahini and 2 tbsp water.To serve spread a thin layer of tahini-yogurt over the pita bread/flat bread,add sliced cucumber , salad greens and the warm patties.Drizzle lemon juice and roll up.
- I halved the original recipe as you can see int pics.