Kesar Badam Peda | Step by step recipe
Kesar Badam Peda
Quick and easy saffron flavored, Indian almond and milk fudge
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 12 to 15 mini pedas
Recipe source: Jeyashris kitchen,you can find the original recipe here.
- Almonds – 1/4 cup(+ extra to garnish)
- Saffron – 1 pinch
- Warm milk – 3 tbsp
- Sugar – 2 to 2.5 tbsp( according to taste)
- Milk powder – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 1/2 tsp(more ,to grease your hands)
- Soak almonds in hot water for about 10 to 15 minute, remove the skin , keep aside.Soak saffron in warm milk.
- In a blender combine together almonds,saffron milk and sugar.Grind this to form a smooth paste.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, add the badam mixture, milk powder, and 1/2 tsp ghee.Mix well until combined.Cook this mixture over medium low flame, stirring continuously until it starts to leave the sides of the pan and forms a ball.
- Allow this to cool slightly.Grease your hands with ghee and take 1 to 1.5 tsp of the mixture and shape it into a ball.
- To garnish, gently press an almond slice on top.Repeat until all the mixture has been used up.Store in an airtight container for up to a day or refrigerate for up to 3 to 4 days.
- Adjust the quantity of sugar according to your taste.