Kallu shappu Style Beef Fry | Beef Fry,Kerala Toddy Shop Style
Kallu shappu style beef fry
Spicy ,Kerala toddy shop style- beef dry fry.
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 4 to 5
Recipe source:Marias Menu,you can find the original recipe here.
- Beef,cut into small cubes – 1/2 kg
- Water – as required
- Coconut oil – as required
- Curry leaves – 1 handful
- Ginger and Garlic ,crushed – 1.5 Tbsp
- Shallots,crushed/sliced – 1 cup
- Crushed dry red chili- 1 to 1.5 tbsp( or according to taste,i used 1 and 3/4 tbsp )
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder- 1 to 1.5 tsp
- Coconut ,sliced- 1 cup
- Vinegar – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- In a bowl combine together beef with the ingredients listed under ' For Marination'.Keep aside for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker add the marinated beef along with 1/4 cup water.Cook until beef turns tender.If there is excess gravy, cook few more minutes, until it turns almost dry.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, add curry leaves and fry for few seconds.Add the cooked beef and mix well.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring well in between until it turns dark brown.Add more oil as required.( add 0ne or two pinches of freshly crushed black pepper if desired.).
- Do not substitute red chili flakes with chili powder, as it may affect the taste.
- Shallots and curry leaves are essential ingredients for this recipe, so do not skip them.