Indian Filter Coffee | Step by step recipe
Indian Filter Coffee
Learn how to make South Indian Filter Coffee.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 -5 minutes
- Coffee Powder- 3 heaped tsp
- Boiling hot water- 1/2 cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Sugar – to taste
- The coffee filter consists of 4 parts,the lower chamber, the upper perforated chamber, the pressing stem and the lid.
- Place the upper perforated chamber on top of the lower chamber.Add the coffee powder to the upper chamber and gently press using the back of a spoon.
- Place the pressing stem and press gently.Add boiling hot water.
- Cover the filter with the lid.Keep aside for about 10 to 15 minutes. The coffee decoction will get collected in the lower chamber.
- Add sugar and the required amount of decoction ( 3/4 to 1 tbsp) into a coffee mug/tumbler.( add more decoction if you want a strong coffee)
- Bring milk to a boil and add the boiling milk to the decoction – sugar mixture.
- Make sure the filter is dry, before adding the coffee powder.
- Use fresh and good quality coffee powder for best results.
- The leftover decoction can be stored in the refrigerator for up to a day.To warm it up, place the container in hot water for few minutes.
- Use full cream milk for best results.