Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 45 min – 1 Hr
Makes – 14 cups (approx)
Oil – 1 tbsp
Garlic Cloves – 8 large, roughly smashed
Bay Leaf – 1
Whole Peppercorn – 1/2 tsp or to taste (optional)
Onions – 2 large, big chunks
Carrots – 4 large, big pcs.
Tomatoes – 2 large, big cubes
Celery – 4 stalks, chopped
Spring Onions – 4 stalks
Leeks – 4 stalks (optional)
Parsley – 10-12 sprigs, whole
Salt – to taste
Water – 1 gallon/16 cups
1. Wash all the vegetables well.
2. In a heavy bottom Stock pot/pan, add in the Oil.
3. Add in the Garlic and then turn on the flame.
4. Once the Oil is warm, add in the Bay Leaf and Whole Peppercorn.
5. Add in all the Vegetables one after another.
6. Add in Salt to taste and mix well.
7. Allow the Vegetables to cook for about 5-6 minutes.
8. Add in Water, increase the heat to a high and cover to allow it to come to a boil.
9. Once boiling, remove cover, reduce heat to a low and allow the Vegetable to simmer for 45 min to an Hour.
10. Allow the Stock to cool a little, drain the liquid and trash the vegetable.
11. Once the Stock is room Temperature, store in the refrigerator for 5-7 days or freeze for later use.