<Indian Desert Carrot Halwa aka Gajjar ka Halwa
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 40 min
Finely Shredded Carrots: 2 lbs (approx 1 kg)
Condensed Milk – 1 X 14 oz can
Evaporated Milk – 1 X 12 oz can
Ghee (Clarified Butter) – 2 tbsp
Cashews – 1 tbsp
Pistachio – 1 tbsp
Raisins – 1 tbsp
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp, podwered
Sliced Almonds – 1 tbsp
1. Soak the Raisins in some water.
2. In a microwave safe, tall bowl, mix the Carrots with Evaporated Milk and the Condensed Milk.
3. Mix very well.
4. Microwave for 10 minutes.
5. Take the bowl out and mix really well.
6. Microwave again for another 10 minutes.
7. Take the bowl out and mix well again.
8. Now mix and it goes in for 5 minutes.
9. Take it out and mix well and back in the microwave for 5 minutes.
10. Mix again.
11. You want to keep cooking till all the moisture has been absorbed by the carrots.
12. Powder the Cardamom Seeds and mix it into the Carrot mixture.
13. In a little skillet, heat the Ghee (Clarified Butter)
14. Add in the Cashews and fry them for just a minute.
15. Drain the water out of the Raisins and add just those into the Ghee.
16. Fry for just another minute and add everything from the skillet to the Carrot Halwa.
17. Mix well and serve hot.
18. Garnish with Pistachios and sliced Almonds.