1. ½ kg. Cleaned prawns.
2. 1 tsp. Coarse chilli powder, 1 tsp. Coarse coriander powder, 1/8 tsp. Pepper powder.
3. 2 dsp. Finely chopped onions, 1 tsp. Long slices ginger, 24 flakes garlic ( small variety).
4. Fish tamarind as required, A few curry leaves, Salt to taste.
5. ¼ cup thinly sliced, ¼ " squares of coconut.
6. 1 dsp. Coconut oil.
7. 1 tsp. Mustard seeds.
8. ¼ cup thin long slices onion.
9. A few curry leaves.
Mix ingredients from 2 to 5 with the prawns.
Add sufficient water and cook till the prawns are soft, but not broken. Allow the water to be absorbed by the prawns. When the curry is almost dry and the prawns covered with the masala, remove from fire.
Heat and add mustard. When it spultters, add onion and fry if crisp. Then fry the curry leaves. Stir in the prawn mixture and saute till it is well seasoned.
Remove from fire. Serve hot.