Pepper Chicken Roast
Chicken Pepper Roast
Spicy, Indian style chicken roast with black pepper
Recipe Source: yummy tummy
Prep Time: 10 minutes .
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 3 to 4
- Chicken,cut into medium pieces- 500 gms
- Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
- Onion,sliced – 2 large( 1.5 cups)
- Green chilies,cut vertically- 2 to 3
- Curry leaves- 2 sprigs
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tbsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder- 3 to 4 tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder ,freshly ground- 2 to 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp( or to taste)
- Coriander leaves,chopped – 2 tbsp
- Coconut oil – as required
- Salt – to taste
- Heat oil in a pan,add fennel seeds and let it splutter.Next add onion ,green chilies and curry leaves , saute until onion turns golden brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, saute until raw smell leaves.Reduce the flame to low and add turmeric powder,coriander powder , garam masala and salt to taste.
- Saute well until masala leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add the chicken and mix well.Cover and cook over medium flame until chicken turns tender and gravy coats the pieces.When chicken is 3/4 th cooked add the black pepper powder and mix well.Make sure you stir it well in between to avoid burning.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves and lime juice.Serve with rice /appam/chapathi..
- Adjust the quantity of green chilies and black pepper powder according to your taste.