<How to Make Oats Soup
1. Chicken & beef (with bones), liver (altogether)- ½ kg, Water – 4 cups, Vinegar – 1 tea spoon, Ginger (sliced long) – 1 tea spoon, Celery – 1tea spoon, Salt – as needed
2. Oats – ½ Cups, Water – 4 cups
3. Butter – 1 tb. Spoon
4. Big onion (sliced thin) – ½ cups
5. Maida – 1 tb. spoon
6. Carrot, Beans (Sliced thin ½) – ¼ cup each
7. Boiled green peas – ½ cups
8. Egg (hen’s) – 2 nos
Pressure cook all the ingredients listed under 1 and then strain. Separate out 1 cup of meat and a few pieces of liver from the strained mixture. Shred the meat into small pieces.
Add water and cook the oats well, (without any lumps) to the consistency of idly batter.
Saute the sliced onions in a pan adding butter. When golden brown add maida and fry for a few minutes. Add the strained stock.When boiling, add the carrots, beans, liver and shredded meat. Lastly add the oats porridge and stir well. Break the eggs with a fork gently into a bowl. Hold the bowl above the boiling soup, so that the egg mixture flows into the boiling soup in the form of a thread. Stir the soup with the fork without foaming the egg. The egg can be seen to rise up as threads in the soup. Remove from fire and serve hot.Chinese tomato sauce, soya sauce, chilli sauce etc. may be used with this soup.