Mushroom Masala | Mushroom Ularthiyathu
Quick and easy Mushroom masala
Prep Time: 10 minutes .
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 2 to 3
- Button mushroom,cleaned and sliced- 250 gms
- Onion,sliced- 3/4 cup tsp( 1 large)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri chili powder- 1 to 1.5 tsp( according to taste)
- Black pepper powder- 1/4 tsp( or to taste)
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Water- 1/8 cup
- Tomato ,chopped- 1/4 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Coconut oil- as required
- Heat oil in a pan,add onion and curry leaves.Saute until onion turns golden brown.Add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell leaves.
- Reduce the flame to low and add turmeric powder,kashmiri chili powder,black pepper powder,coriander powder , garam masala and 1/8 cup water.
- Cook ,stirring continuously until the masala starts to leave the sides of the pan or oil starts to separate.Add tomato and salt to taste.Cook till tomato turns mushy.
- Once tomato is completely cooked, add sliced mushrooms.
- Mix well,cover and cook until done.Uncover and cook for few minutes if there is any liquid left.Add more curry leaves,if desired.Serve with rice or chapathi.
- Adjust the amount of kashmiri chili powder and black pepper powder according to your taste.