Layered Cranberry Rice Pilaf Mix
1 Tbs packed brown sugar ¼ tsp salt
2 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1-1/4 cup long grain converted rice 1/3 cup pecans
¼ cup chopped dates ½ cup dried cranberries
- Place brown sugar, bouillon and salt in small bowl.
- Mix well. Place in bottom of wide mouth pint jar. Press tightly.
- Place pecans in jar, then the dates. Press tightly.
- Place about half of the rice in the jar.
- Place dried cranberries in the jar. Press tightly
- top off jar with remaining rice. Seal with lid.
- Use decorative cover, ribbon and attach recipe for preparing pilaf
Cranberry Rice Pilaf
1 jar cranberry rice pilaf mix
3-1/4 cups water
2 Tbs margarine
- In a medium sauce pan, place rice pilaf mix, water and margarine.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
Makes 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts per serving
|Serving size: ½ cup|
|Total calories||166 calories|
|Total fat||3 grams|
|Total carbohydrate||32 grams|